TERMS & CONDITIONS
When confirming your event with Social Pantry LTD you, as the client, are subject to the following Terms & Conditions:
1. Quotations. Written quotations are valid for three months from the date of quotation and all prices are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
2. Payment. 100% of the invoice is due 14 working days before the date of a function. A non-refundable 20% deposit of the quoted event cost is required to confirm your event. Excluding Weddings where we require a £4,000 + vat deposit to reserve your requested the date. Payments can only be made by Sterling BACS transfer.
3. Variation. All prices are subject to alteration depending on the agreed final number of guests.
4. Loss and damage. The client is wholly responsible for all equipment from the time of delivery until collection. The client should, in his own interest ensure that all such equipment is insured. Any breakages, loss or damage, howsoever caused will be charged to the client at full replacement cost. All equipment including marquees hired on the client’s behalf will be subject to the terms and conditions of the owner.
5. Complaint. Any complaint must be made promptly and in any event must be received at The Company’s office in writing no more than 7 working days from the date of the function concerned.
6. Force Majeure. The Company cannot accept any liability where performance or prompt performance of The Company’s contractual obligations is prevented or affected due to strike, lockout, hostilities or any other circumstances outside The Company’s control amounting to force majeure.
7. Limitation of Liability. The Company accepts no liability for any loss, damage or consequential loss caused by The Company’s failure to perform its obligations. (whether that failure is due to negligence on the part of The Company, its officers, employees or sub-contractors or due to other causes) but nothing herein shall exclude The Company’s obligation to pay compensation for death or personal injury as required by law.
8. Cancellation. Any cancellation must be notified to the company in writing. Cancellation within 21 working days of the date booked for the event – 50% of the quoted price. Cancellation within 14 working days – 100% of the quoted price. All deposits are non-refundable. In the event that you give more than 21 working days’ notice we will move your event date to another date within the next three months.
9. Numbers of guests. The company requires an estimated final number of guests at least 14 working days before an event. Numbers of guests cannot be decreased once your contract has been signed, unless government guidelines stipulate otherwise. Guest numbers may be increased, whereby a new contract will need to be signed. Final numbers may be increased up to 48 hours before the event subject to availability of food, staff and equipment.
10. We also require the following information at least 7 working days before the event – allergen and dietary requirements, timings for your event, access and parking information, any floor plans required to set up, along with full delivery address and invoice address.
11. Allergies: Social Pantry operates in a kitchen that handles nuts and products containing nut traces, gluten and other allergens, and, whilst taking all necessary precautions, will not take any responsibility for any medical issues caused as a result of nut consumption or any other allergy flare.
12. Staff: Social Pantry uniform is black trousers, black shirt, flat black shoes. All FOH staff are charged at a minimum of 4 hours, Kitchen Staff at a minimum of 6 hours and Porters at a Minimum of 6 hours. Hours worked for any reason beyond those agreed beforehand will be chargeable as overtime post event. To ensure the safety and well-being of the staff, a taxi charge will be applied for any staff member working after 23:00
13. Health and Safety: Under the provisions of the legislation Food Safety Act 1990, Food Hygiene (England), Regulations 2013, Regulation 852/2004 Social Pantry is required to monitor the safety of the food at all steps in the process from purchasing through to service to the end consumer. Currently Social Pantry provides this service with the end process completed on the Client’s premises. It is not possible for Social Pantry to monitor the safety of foods left with the Client and therefore Social Pantry is not liable for any left over foods left on the premises.
14. Drinks: All wine and bottled beer is sold on a sale and return basis, when full cases are returned unopened and undamaged.
15. Availability: Please be aware that occasionally certain dishes, wines or vintages may become unavailable at short notice or due to supply difficulties or the quality of produce delivered to us does not meet our approval. In this event we will source the closest substitute.
16. Insurance: Queries regarding Social Pantry Insurance and Public Liability please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Law of Contract. The performance, validity, construction and all aspects of the agreement between the Company and the client shall be governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation thereto.