In light of the current, unprecedented COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, here’s a note from Alex Head, our founder and CEO.
“In these strange times, our thoughts are with anyone whose health or livelihoods have been affected by the Coronavirus, and with our colleagues in the Hospitality and Events industry who, like us, are weathering this storm.
We’re keeping positive, planning some lovely private dinners, and exciting events for the summer months.
As always, our hygiene levels are second to none, and we’re taking extra measures in line with government guidelines as we continue to prioritise our team and clients’ wellbeing.”
Client and Employee FAQ’s
Which specific measures are you taking to protect employee and clients’ wellbeing from the Coronavirus outbreak?
- Our team will be working from home where possible for the foreseeable future
- Any team members who are working on-site (in one of our café-restaurants, or at an upcoming private event) have been briefed on the extra levels of personal hygiene that will help keep themselves and our customers safe. These are in-line with government and WHO guidelines and include
- Sanitiser as well as soap and water is available at all sinks and water stations
- Washing hands for at-least 20seconds every 15 minutes, or between being with any customers whilst at work
- We are cleaning and sanitising all items which are frequently touched even more often than usual
- Any team members returning from affected areas (or with family members or housemates from these regions) have been asked to self-quarantine for 14days.
- Any team members showing symptoms of COVID-19 have been asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
When are your sites reopening?
- Crane’s Kitchen: 15th August
- The Social Pantry Café: 5th August will
- As well as the extra safety procedures being followed by staff above, each site will be doing the following:
- We are going to be a cashless business at each site
- Our teams wash their hands every 15 mins for at least 20 seconds.
- Very regular sanitisation of surfaces is of high priority
- We’re asking customers to please wash their hands! We have antibacterial soap available and extra hand sanitizer for all our guests
- We’re asking all customers to please avoid leaving litter or tissues on the tables
- All our cups, glassware and cutlery go through I high temperature machine, so please be rest assured that these are clean and sterile
- Our teams will administer cutlery and provide sugar as and when needed so please ask! This is to reduce less hands on all items!
- We have removed some of our tables to give you a little more space and comfort
I have an event booked and aren’t sure whether it should go ahead. Can you advise?
- As the current situation is continuously evolving, we’ll be working alongside our clients and looking at each event individually. If you decide to postpone your event, please contact your event planner who will be able to help make arrangements.
Are you taking bookings?
- We’re keeping positive by looking ahead to some fabulous events this summer and beyond. We would love to work with you and plan your up coming event.
- We can provisionally book events for the coming months, and should things change again we’ll be as flexible as we can in terms of dates.
- Similarly, we work on many events 6 months to a year in advance. If you’re planning something, why not get in touch and let us help you get ahead. We’d advise getting your booking in as soon as you can – the summer months are already looking busy with lots of events being postponed until then.
Support our Industry in these tough times
Things have never been so tough for the events and hospitality industry, which is worth over £73 billion to the UK economy, boasts over 3 million jobs and supports may more. If you’d like to push for economic support from the government to Hospitality and Events businesses, we’d like to encourage you to sign the following petitions.