AVOCADO, QUINOA & CHICK PEA SALAD
This recipe is a great lunch staple of mine. One tip is to make double the batch and keep the grain in the fridge for a couple of days so you can enjoy it over a few days. Feel free to add in any testy bits you have in the fridge, I love adding in loads of crumbled feta or some slices of radish or cucumber.
- 150g of Quinoa
- 100g of Good Quality Chick Peas
- 40g of Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Bunch of Shredded Spring Onion
- Zest and Juice of Unwaxed Lemon
- 1 Ripe Avocado Cut into Wedges
- Handful of Cherry tomatoes or 1 Salad Tomato, Diced
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook the Quinoa in a saucepan.
- Chop the tomatos in to small pieces or slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Mix it together all the ingredients; Chickpeas, Spring Onion, Herbs and Lemon Juice.
- Season with Salt and Pepper, then top with the Avocado and Sunflower Seeds.