As recently featured over on Habitat’s blog, we went mad for strawberries in celebration of Wimbledon and put together a few delightful sweet treat recipes including these Strawberry Meringue Kisses. We still have a month or so left to enjoy the strawberry season so give this recipe a go one rainy afternoon.
A gorgeous end to a picnic or barbecue, serve these sweet little treats with a generous serving of whipped cream, mint & fresh strawberries or if you’re feeling daring, add black coconut ice-cream for a winning Summer pudding.
- 150g egg whites
- 300g sugar
- Strawberry puree
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 120 degrees
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites to soft peak
- Add a tablespoon of sugar into the egg white at a time
- Once all incorporated, paint three lines in your piping bag with the strawberry puree. Be careful not to smudge
- Transfer half the meringue mixture into the prepared piping bag and pipe meringue kisses onto the tray
- To make a ‘meringue kiss’ touch the piping bag on the baking sheet, squeezing the mix and lift up
- Place in the oven for 40-60 minutes. To check they are cooked, after 40 minutes peel one meringue from the baking sheet. If it removes easily without any mixture remaining, they are cooked.
- Leave to cool and serve