This January, Social Pantry collaborated with Falcon Enamel to create five recipes, using seasonal ingredients and minimising food waste. This series of immunity boosting recipes was shared with Falcon Enamel shoppers and subscribers.
We suggest you enjoy this taco as a starter, or add a delicious side salad to enjoy for a seasonal healthy lunch.
Social Pantry Brussel Sprout Taco with Smokey Chipotle
Served 6 people
- 400g Brussel Sprouts, prepped and cut in half
- 2 tsp Chipotle Chilli Paste
- 3 tbsp Soured Cream
- ½ Red Onion
- 100ml White Wine Vinegar
- 50ml Water
- 25g Sugar
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1-2 Green Chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander, chopped
- 25g roasted Peanuts, roughly chopped
- 6 Small Tortilla Wraps
- Light Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- To make the pickling liquor, combine the vinegar, water and sugar in a small pan. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar before turning the heat up. When the pickling liquor comes to a simmer, remove from the heat.
- Slice the red onion thinly from root to tip, place in a heatproof bowl and pour over the still warm liquor. Allow to cool at room temp.
- To make the chipotle soured cream, mix 1 tsp of the chipotle paste into the soured cream and set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and fry the brussels sprouts until golden, after 3-5 minutes add in a splash of water, 1 tsp Chipotle Paste and the honey. Mix well on the heat for another minute, then season well with sea salt.
- Warm the tacos in a dry pan and drain the pickled red onion.
- Build the tacos by layering up chipotle soured cream, sprouts, green chilli, red onion, coriander and finish with a squeeze of lime and chopped peanuts.
Missed part 1 of the recipe series? Click here for our Blood Orange Cake recipe.