Part of the fun with recipe testing is experimenting with different flavour combos and that’s exactly how our Sherry Fudge originated. It’s definitely been a seasonal favourite this year amongst our catering clients at afternoon teas and events alike – Alex Head likes to think that we’re responsible for bringing Sherry right back into fashion!
A melt in the mouth fudge paired with a golden oldie tipple will never disappoint (especially your Dad!). So give this recipe a shot, it also makes for the perfect edible foodie gift too – just bag it up, tie with your favourite ribbon and label with a handwritten note.
600g Caster Sugar
550ml Double Cream
150g Sweet Sherry
- Put the Sugar, Cream, Sherry and Butter in a tall saucepan
- Heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved
- Bring to a steady boil once sugar has dissolved
- Once this has reached 150 degrees on a thermometer, start stirring constantly
- Keep stirring and once heated to 120 degrees, transfer to a mixing bowl
- Leave for 5 minutes
- Using the whisk attachment on your mixer, whisk for 1-2 minutes. If the mixture starts to split, slow the machine down and continue whisking. It’ll return to it’s normal state.
- Pour into a greaseproof lined tray, sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Leave in the fridge to set.