Half Roasted Cauliflower and Rose Harissa Butter
This recipe was developed as part of a Falcon Enamelware collaboration we did. It is a very easy and delicious mid week dinner or great for feeding a crowd on a budget.
2 half roasted cauliflower will serve 4
- 1 small Celeriac, peeled and finely sliced
- 50g Butter or Light Olive Oil
- 100ml Milk
- 100ml Double Cream
- 1 Cauliflower, cut in half through the core, reserve the leaves
- 1tsp Rose Harissa
- 100g Butter, softened
- 1 bunch Dill, leaves pickled
- 1 small bunch of Kale, large stalks removed
- Hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Firstly, make the celeriac puree, heat the butter or oil in a large pan on a medium heat. Add in the sliced celeriac and mix to coat, then turn the heat down and cook gently, mixing regularly to prevent it from sticking for 10-15 minutes or until the celeriac has softened. The cooking time will depend on how small you have cut the celeriac.
- Pour both the milk and cream into the celeriac and bring to a simmer, simmer until the celeriac is very soft.
- Tip the celeriac into a blender with some of the liquid and blend until smooth, you can always add more of the liquid to loosen once you have blended. Season with sea salt.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Rub the cauliflower halves with olive oil and sea salt and place on a baking tray. Cook in the oven for 35-40 minutes, cover with foil if the cauliflower colours to finish cooking the inside.
- In a large bowl mix the kale leaves, cauliflower leaves, drizzle of olive oil and sea salt and mix with clean hands so that the leaves are well coated. Spread out on a baking tray in a single layer and bake in the oven at the same temperature as the cauliflower until crisp but not burnt for 5-8 minutes.
- Mix together the softened butter with the rose harissa and half a tsp sea salt. It should be runny but not fully melted. This is best to do very gently in a microwave or in a warm place in your kitchen.
- Serve the hot celeriac puree on the bottom of the serving dish, cauliflower halves on top, garnish with crispy kale and cauliflower leaves, pickled dill, roasted hazelnuts and finish with the rose harissa butter.