Goat’s Cheese & Heritage Tomato Bruschetta
With summer just around the corner and the world coming back to life, this recipe is perfect as a quick weekend brunch dish or light lunch. We love using heritage tomatoes not only for the colour but so that they dish is bursting with flavour too.
(to feed 2)
- 60g soft goats cheese
- 30ml Double Cream
- Fresh bread, slice thickly
- 3 x Heritage Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped Basil leaves
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and in a bowl, mix with the basil leaves, a splash of olive oil. Season and leave aside.
- Toast the seeds in a dry pan.
- Slice the bread into thick slices and toast or put on a baking tray and drizzle with a little olive oil and Maldon salt and bake at 160 for 5-6 minutes until crisp and lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Break up the goats’ cheese into small pieces and either blend in a small bowl mixer, or whisk by hand until smooth and softened. Once smooth, mix in the double cream, be careful not to overmix. You can use feta if you do not have goats’ cheese.
- To assemble spread the goat’s cheese onto the toast, top with tomatoes and sprinkle with seed. Enjoy!