Hake, in our opinion, is the perfect option for a New Year’s Eve dinner party – everyone has consumed enough meat over Christmas to keep them going for 2017 and it’s something a little different. This light fish with fresh greens is perfect to ensure everyone has space to have a boogie post dinner. This method of cooking ensures you can fully prepare the main course well ahead of time leaving you only one task when guests arrive…to put it in the oven.
4 x 5-6oz Hake Fillet
100g Tenderstem Broccoli
1 Lemon, Zest and Juice
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Lay out 4 pieces of foil large enough to wrap your fish in.
- Slice 2 or 3 broccoli stems thinly lengthways once and place in the middle of the foil.
- Put the kale and spinach on the broccoli and drizzle with oil
- Place the fish on top of the greens.
- Season the top of the fish with cracked pepper and Malden salt.
- Place a dollop of butter in the middle of each fillet of fish.
- Zest the lemon over the fish fillets.
- Squeeze a small amount of juice over each fillet and wrap the fish in the foil.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 10 minutes – check that fish is firm to touch.
- Serve when steaming hot with all the juices.