This is a great desert and perfect to enjoy after a Sunday roast. It is great with a dollop of creme fraiche or pouring cream, its comforting, fruity and sweet a lovely end for every meal.
125ml double cream
¼ tsp vanilla extract
4 free-range eggs
170g caster sugar
1 tbsp plain flour
3 nectarines, cut in half and stones removed
2 tbsp brown sugar
30g flaked almonds
Serve with vanilla sweetened crème fraiche
Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan
- Pour the milk, cream and vanilla into a pan and gently bring to the boil, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy, whisk in the flour. Then slowly pour in the cooled milk mixing lightly to incorporate.
- Place the butter into your oven proof dish and place in the oven for a few minutes until the butter has melted and beginning to foam. Add the nectarines, cut side down, sprinkle with the brown sugar and bake for 5 minutes to start to soften.
- Pour the batter into the dish around the nectarines, scatter the flaked almonds on top and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes, until the batter is set and golden ontop.
- Serve warm from the oven with crème fraiche.
- The fruit can be changed up throughout the seasons, apricots or rubarb would also work!