With Mother’s Day fast approaching, why not bake this pretty and delicious pear & honey loaf cake.
- 250g unsalted butter (2 tbsp of which is for the pears)
- 4 peeled and chopped pears
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 340g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 70ml milk
- 170g honey
- 50g green pistachios
1. Pre heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan.
2. Add your chopped pears and 2 tbsp butter into a small saucepan and soften over a gentle heat, allowing the pieces to caramelise. This should take around 5-10 minutes.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Meanwhile, cream the butter and sugar together in a standing mixer, once light, add the vanilla extract and the eggs, one by one.
5. Mix in the milk and honey until combined.
6. Stir in the pear mixture. Pour into a prepared loaf tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked.
7. Allow to cool and then drizzle with icing and crushed green pistachios.
Styled with Thornback & Peel homeware.