Social Pantry Lemon and Raspberry Tart
If you are planning your first post lockdown picnic then this tart is a real must have. It also perfectly doubles up as a great socially distanced dinner party pudding? It is simple, quick and easy to make at home and will definitely add some brightness elegance to your party in the park.
1 x ready-made sweet pastry case or ready-made pastry
140g castor sugar
150ml double cream
140g frozen raspberries
1tbsp icing sugar
Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- Roll out the pastry and line the tart tin. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of the tin. Refrigerate for 30mins. Line with a baking parchment and fill with baking beans, or rice. Cook at 140 for 10 mins, take out of the oven, remove the baking beans and cook for another 20mins or until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- In a pan on low heat melt the raspberries with the icing sugar until it is a loose jam consistency. Add more water if needed. Leave aside.
- Make the filling by whisking the eggs, cream and sugar
- Add in the lemon zest and raspberry mixture, whisk together and place into the tart tin.
- Cook for 30 – 35mins or until just set