Flatbreads are one of the most popular items on our brunch menu! Our favourite weekend activity is indulging in the bacon, feta, rocket, poached egg and chilli oil flatbread at Crane’s Kitchen. Eat this in the garden with a freshly brewed coffee and your Sunday morning is off the perfect start.
200g Self Raising Flour
200g Natural Yogurt
½ tsp Baking Powder
- Mix together the flour and baking powder and pour in the yogurt.
- Bring together with a wooden spoon, tip out onto a floured surface and knead until the dough feels smooth. 5-10 minutes.
- Divide into 100g portions and roll into balls. Leave to rest for an hour outside the fridge, covered, or in an oiled container in the fridge overnight.
- When ready, roll out on a floured surface to approximately 10cm diameter.
- Heat a pan or griddle with no oil, once hot cook the flatbread evenly on both sides so that it puffs up. Finish in the oven to make sure the dough is cooked all the way through.
- Finish with your favourite Toppings!
- Bacon, Fried Egg, Rocket, Goats Cheese, Labneh and Rose Harissa Butter.
- Grilled Courgette, Torn Buratta, Baby Spinach and Zero Waste Pesto
- Wild Mushrooms, Ricotta, Truffle and Cep Salt.
- Coriander Hummus, Pickled Red Cabbage Slaw, Feta
- Slow Roasted Summer Tomatoes, Black Olive Crumb, Pickled Red Onions and Fresh Tarragon.