These Winter Pavlovas are so fun and always a winner. Pile them high with great toppings that contrast in colour and texture. Mixing the cream with crème fraiché means they are perfectly sweet and not at all sickly. Adding lots of fun toppings will mean they really WOW!
- 3 Egg Whites
- 150g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g Good Quality Dark Chocolate
- 2 tsp Cocoa Sieved
- 50g Toasted Hazelnuts
- 20ml Double Cream
- 30ml Crème Fraiche
- Edible Gold Flakes
- 1 Punnet Black Berries
- 1 Pack Edible Flowers
- Seeds from ½ Pomegranate
- 50g Chopped Pistachio
- Preheat oven to 110C
- Line a baking tray with non-stick (that’s crucial!) paper or bake spray
- Whisk the egg whites on a medium speed until the form soft peaks, make sure your whisk and bowl are clean to get the best peak
- Turn the whisk to a high setting and spoon in the sugar. The slower you add the sugar the better to make sure it is all properly incorporated.
- Melt the chocolate in a ban marie and fold into the egg whites creating a marble effect.
- Stir through the cocoa.
- With a large spoon, spoon the mix onto the paper in an oval shape.
- Top with toasted hazelnuts
- Cook for 1.30 or 1.45 mins or until they sound hollow and crisp.
- Leave to cool.
- Mix the lightly whipped double cream and crème fraiché.
- Serve with the toppings all piled high and a dollop of cream.
TIP: these bad boys can keep for 2 weeks in an air tight container to get cooking ahead of time.