Do you have this in gold? Yes, yes we do – this New Year’s Eve, we’re adding a touch of glitz to our menu.
If you’re hosting New Year’s Eve at your house, then keep it simple and serve some delicious canapes and complimentary fizz. This time of year definitely gives everyone an excuse to embrace a little glitz and why shouldn’t the food follow suit too? Here we’ve listed a few of our top favourites to make your nibbles look extra special this year…
GOLD QUAIL EGGS WITH BLACK LAVA SALT
Small but mighty these gold coated quail eggs never fail to impress and are super simple to create. Try our three step easy recipe and create this canapé at home…
Makes 12 Eggs
1 pack of quail eggs
2 tablespoons of colorant alimentaire metallisé (available to purchase on Sous Chef)
2 tablespoons of Viking smoked salt or black lava salt (available to purchase on Sous Chef)
- Gently place your quail’s eggs into boiling water and cook for 2 mins 40 seconds and then run under cold water to cool down before peeling.
- Once cold, peeled and dry, roll the eggs in the gold powder in a bowl until they are evenly covered.
- Fill a ramekin with Smoked Salt or Black Lava Salt and watch your guests reaction to your fun, perfectly cooked and beautiful gold eggs!
YOUR FAVOURITE FIZZ WITH A TOUCH OF GOLD
If you’re wanting to add a bit of sparkle to your sparkling and haven’t quite mastered your cocktail skills, then this is the perfect solution.
Makes 6 glasses
1 bottle of Nyetimber British Sparkling – or your favourite fizz of choice
1 tablespoon of Edible Gold Shimmer Dust
- You will need a beautifully clean glass, a chilled bottle of pop and some fantastic Edible Gold Shimmer Dust.
- Place the Gold Shimmer Dust into a shallow bowl and slightly damp the rim of the glass with a clean cloth.
- Turn the glass upside down and gently rotate the rim in the Gold Shimmer Dust.
- Slowly fill with your fizz and serve immediately.
GOLD DUSTED CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
We’d always recommend having a sweet treat ready for your guests and who doesn’t love a Chocolate Brownie?
Yield 1 square tin 24cm x 24cm x 4cm deep
200g Unsalted Butter
200g 70% Dark Chocolate
375g Dark Brown Soft Sugar
155g Eggs (3 eggs)
125g Plain Flour
8g Baking Powder
Edible Gold Shimmer Dust
- Line the tin with silicone paper and place aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Whisk the sugar and egg until light and aerated.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate, whisk in.
- Scrape off the mixture from the whisk into the bowl.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder directly into the bowl.
- Fold in until clear with a maris.
- Scrape the mix into the tin and flatten with the maris.
- Bake in an oven at 165°c for approximately 50 minutes.
- When baked remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- After 1 hour invert onto a paper lined board or board.
- Cling film and leave until the next day.
- Roll flat with a rolling pin and cut off the crusts.
- Cut as required.
- Brush the cut pieces with gold dust.