Make sure you eat with the seasons this August and follow our handy guide to keep you on track…
August is full of gorgeous tasty veggies and fruit to hit your five a day. We’ve picked the brilliant radish as our favourite top pick for August. Radishes come in a variety of different sizes and colours making them incredibly versatile. This punchy vegetable belongs to the mustard family, hence it’s peppery taste. We love the impact they add to salads – a fun pop of colour and a crunchy texture to shake things up.
Try this super simple salad recipe, keeping it seasonal with a bunch of radishes…
Serves 2 – 4 (dependent on how hungry you are!)
Bunch of Radishes
50g of Washed Rocket
2 Stick of Celery
1 Tsp of Fresh Dill
20g of Pine Nuts
1 Tsp of Chives
Maldon Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to season
2 Tsp of Olive Oil
1/2 zest and juice of Lemon
1 Tsp of Honey
1 Tsp of Wholegrain Mustard
- Wash Radish and Celery and slice on a mandoline (be careful of your fingers!)
- Peel & dice Turnip
- Pick Dill into small leaves and chop Chives finely
- Toast Pine Nuts on a medium – high heat on the hob, tossing regularly – be careful not to the burn.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a medium sized jam jar and shake well.
- Now time for the fun part… arrange the salad starting with the rocket first layering the turnip and radish. Sprinkle over the herbs, pine nuts and season.