Everybody needs a cupcake recipe to keep handy for those last minute baking situations… Perfect for a birthday celebration or an after-school treat for the kids, this recipe is simple and delicious!
Makes 12 or 24 Mini Cupcakes
110g Softened Butter (unsalted)
110g Caster Sugar
2 Medium Free Range Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
60g Self Raising Flour
50g Dark Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Milk
100g Unsalted Butter
200g Icing Sugar
60g Melted White Chocolate
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the eggs and whisk to combine.
3. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into the egg mix.
4. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the mix.
5. Add the milk, fold in.
6. Pipe or spoon into you cupcake cases.
7. Bake at 170C for 15 – 20minutes or until the tops spring back.
8. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
9. For the icing cream the icing sugar and butter together until light.
10. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
11. Add the tepid, melted white chocolate to the icing sugar and butter mix and combine.
12. Pipe the icing onto the cakes using a star nozzle to a create a neat peak.
13. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios or a topping of your choice.
TOP TIP: Get all ingredients to room temperature before cooking for a perfectly soft and light cake and store in an airtight container overnight.