When we were getting down, dirty and chocolatey earlier this month recipe testing these Quinoa Bars were looking to be the new hot ticket in the biscuit tin. That cosy feeling when you are in your slippers with a warm cuppa and it is raining outside is made even more ‘ahhh’ing with these treats. You can almost claim they are healthy too!
2.5 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Honey
50g Cooked Quinoa
100g Pumpkin Seeds
100g Sunflower Seeds
100g Dark Chocolate
30g Dark Chocolate
2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
1. Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions and leave to cool
2. Prepare a small tray with greaseproof paper
3. Melt the butter and honey together in a saucepan and add the chocolate off heat.
4. Heat the prunes in a saucepan with the coconut oil and just squash them a little with a potato masher. Leave to cool for 5 minutes
5. Remove the melted chocolate mixture and mix through the cooled prunes mixture
6. Add all the dry ingredients including, pistachios, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and cashews
7. Make sure they are all combined
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and spread evenly until flat
9. Set in the fridge
10. After 15 minutes of the bar being in the fridge, melt 30g dark chocolate over a bain-marie
11. Pour on top of the bar and evenly spread
12. Sprinkle over the coconut and a few pinches of sea salt. Return to the fridge and leave to set until hard.