I often turn to this salad when in need of a light lunch or BBQ side dish. Personally, I am very much a lover of soft boiled eggs as I feel there is something so simple yet delicious about them. I have kept this salad extremely simple and fresh. It can be made in under 10 minutes and should be prepared last minute before serving.
Ingredients: [To Serve 4]
- 4 free range medium eggs
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon of chopped dill
- ½ bunch of mint leaves
- 1 bag of mixed salad or rocket leaves
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 table spoon of good quality olive oil
- Place the eggs into a pan of simmering water and cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes, take the pan off the water and rinse the eggs in cold water until cold.
- Using a mandolin, over a bowl, slice the cucumber length ways to create even ribbons
- Wash the radishes. Keep some of the leaves for the salad.
- Slice 1/3rd of the radishes on the mandolin, be careful of your fingers here, keep 1/3rd whole and cut the other 1/3rd into quarters.
- Mix the leaves or rocket through the cucumber and radishes, add in a few of the nicer radish leaves.
- Sprinkle over the dill and lemon zest, add in chopped mint.
- In a jar mix the lemon juice and olive oil together to create a dressing
- Season the salad
- Gently peel the eggs and slice in half.
- Present on the salad or on the side, place a good pinch of salt and pepper on each egg.
TIP: Using the radishes in different ways adds texture to the salad