BBQs mark the start of the summer, and come rain or shine us Brits love being outdoors and cooking up delicious dishes. What better way to embrace this great tradition than to celebrate National BBQ Week? From May 30th to June 5th your BBQs should be lit (find someone to hold the umbrella up for you!) and ready to create your favourite meats or veggies and grill in perfection.
Everybody loves BBQs and there’s no sign of the brunch trend slowing, so why not pair the two?! We’ve been trying out new dishes for the summer season and our favourite is most definitely this Chorizo Burger topped with a sunny side up Fried Egg. It’s perfect for a BBQ brunch with a difference.
Chorizo BBQ Brunch Burger
Ingredients [to serve 2]
- 160g Chorizo, finely chopped
- 250g Minced Beef
- 1 tsp Paprika
- A few pinches of Sea Salt
- 1 Sprig of Thyme Leaves
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely diced
- 1/2 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of Paprika
- Pinch of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chopped fresh Parsley
- Large handful of rocket
- 2 x Burger Buns, halved
- Burgers: Place the Chorizo, Minced Beef and Paprika in a bowl and use your hands to combine. Put in the fridge for approximately 10 minutes. Form 4 patties and season with a few pinches of Sea Salt.
- Relish: Mix relish ingredients together in a bowl and season.
- Cook the patties in a hot griddle pan over high heat for 3-4 minutes on either side.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and toast the buns for 2 minutes. Spread both the top and bottom side of the bun with the relish.
- To garnish, either use fresh sliced Avocado or fry an egg (or both!)