When it’s chilly outside and you fancy a warming and healthy brunch, why not give these baked eggs with a chermoula dressing a go. Packed full of flavour and so delicious, it’s the perfect way to start your weekend. Just make sure you’ve got enough to go around.
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 large leek, finely sliced
- ¼ celeriac, grated
- A few springs of thyme
- Maldon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50ml single cream
- 3 Free range, organic eggs
- Handful of kale (purple or heritage)
- Handful pea shoots
- 1 tbsp chermoula
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 3 slices of sourdough, toasted
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the shallot, leek and celeriac and cook down until softened. Add the thyme and seasoning, followed by the cream. Allow the cream to thicken and then remove from the heat and transfer into an oven proof dish. Make 3 holes in the the mix for the eggs to sit and crack each one in.
2. Transfer to the oven and cook at 160°C until bubbling at the edges and eggs are cooked through but the yolk still runny.
3. Meanwhile, break the kale up into small pieces, coat with olive oil and Maldon salt and crisp up in the oven.
4. Meanwhile, mix the chermoula with soured cream and a little Maldon sea salt to season.
5. After taking the eggs out the oven, drizzle with the chermoula soured cream mix, garnish with crispy kale and pea shoots.
6. Serve in the middle of the table to share with toasted sourdough.
(Tip – Any leftover celeriac can be made into a Lunch time soup)