Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes with Orange and Pistachio
Nothing says lazy Sunday morning like a stack of fresh pancakes, slippers on and fresh coffee at the ready. You cannot go wrong. Have a look at what you have in the cupboard and feel free to add to the list of toppings. You’ve made the pancakes so your rules, anything goes! I love having mini bowls of chopped hazelnuts, dried cranberries and chocolate chips for us all to get stuck in with.
We made these using products from our friends, JosephJoesph; they’re super practical, so make cooking at home super easy. Plus, they come in a range of fun colours.
200g self-raising flour
1½ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp golden castor sugar
3 large eggs
30g melted butter
100ml pumpkin puree
3 tbsp pistachio nuts
Syrup to drizzle over the top
- Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl and create a well in the centre
- Add in the eggs, melted butter, milk and pumpkin puree and whisk together
- Cook by frying in a non-stick pan with melted butter, cook for 1 – 2 mins on each side or until golden brown
- Segment the orange and mark on a hot griddle
- Serve with a good glug of syrup, sprinkle over the chopped pistachio and caramelised orange
- Enjoy in bed with hot coffee.
Useful things we used
- Chopping board – Joesph Joesph folding chopping boards are great for stopping spillages is super useful
- Herb Chopper – Joseph Joseph mezzaluna features a curved blade and pivoting handles so finely chopped pistachios are done in seconds!
- Baking Set – a baking necessity, Joesph Joseph’s set includes all you could need to make most recipes – mixing bowls, a sieve and measuring cups too!