Love a proper dessert to finish your social gatherings? Founder Alex Head created this delicious apricot frangipane tart with almond custard for Plenish using their delicious Almond m*ilk – the perfect crowd-pleasing end to any meal.
250g unsalted butter or coconut oil or avocado spread for a DF option
175g icing sugar, sieved
400g plain flour or almond flour for a GF option
50g ground almonds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
8 apricot halves
500g of ground almonds
500g of unsalted butter or coconut oil or avocado spread for a DF option
500g of coconut nectar
600ml almond milk
6 egg yolks
70g coconut nectar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the butter, oil or spread in a bowl and beat until light and creamy.
- Gradually add the sieved icing sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add the ground almonds, salt and vanilla extract and again beat until smooth, slowly add the flour.
- Wrap the pastry in cling film, lightly flatten with your hands and place in the fridge to rest for 2 hours before using.
- Roll out into desired tart case and blind bake at 150 C for 45 minutes.
- Next, make the frangipane. Cream together the butter, oil or spread and coconut nectar and add the eggs one at a time. Beat in the almonds, stir well to combine and set aside in the fridge to rest.
- Smooth into cooked case and place 8 apricot halves on top.
- Bake at 150C for 20 – 30mins.
- Whilst cooking, make the custard. Beat the egg yolks and coconut nectar together in a bowl until creamy. Add the almond milk and vanilla extract to a pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Place the bowl with the egg yolk mixture over another pan with a small amount of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Slowly pour the hot vanilla milk over the egg yolks, whisking continuously until smooth and thickened.
- Remove the tart from the oven and serve immediately.