IT’S NOT EASY BEING GREEN, BUT WE DO OUR BIT
We work responsibly with suppliers and employees to ensure the very best service is provided with minimal impact to our surroundings. Being a small company, it is hard to operate completely green systems throughout; however, we are doing our best and ensure all the suppliers we employ have a similar way of thinking.
At Social Pantry we strive to decrease food waste and our plastic consumption. Nobody’s perfect, but every little helps!
Social Pantry have systems in place to ensure we are doing the best we can as a small company:
- Recycling in place at all sites for all cardboard, glass, oil and food waste.
- Responsible packaging suppliers are used for all event and café packaging needs.
- Reducing food waste is a top priority of ours and we’re pretty strict about it. We are still dreaming of owning a gorgeous gardening patch and using food waste as compost…it is on the wish list. Watch this space…
- Old coffee granules are given to a local allotment to feed the compost worms!
- We train all our staff to be responsible for their actions and ensure that we work efficiently as a team with the same goal in mind.