Warming Pumpkin Soup
Easy. Tasty. Seasonal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 1kg pumpkin / squash.
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 142ml double cream
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook 2 finely chopped onions for 5 mins, until soft but not colored.
- Add 1kg peeled, deseeded and chopped pumpkin or squash to the pan, then carry on cooking for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
- Pour 700ml vegetable stock into the pan, then season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 mins until the squash is very soft.
- Pour the 142ml pot of double cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée with a hand blender.
- For an extra-velvety consistency you can now push the soup through a fine sieve into another pan.
- Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and check seasoning.
- Enjoy with some warm crunchy bread and butter.
- You can freeze the soup for two month.
- Use any left over bread to make croutons with.